Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Good NewsLetter - March 2022

                                                

 How can I be happy when I hurt so Badly?

 “How did you ever get such peace?” Jenny asked Carol. “It’s been eight months since my baby died, and it still tears me up.”

 “Oh, I still ache when I remember my son. I miss him every day. Some days I can’t stop wondering what he would be like.  But as far as peace goes, I felt peace already the night Alex died. It’s always been there, no matter how much I hurt.”

 “I can see it, Carol. I keep hoping to have what you have.” Jenny glanced at a framed picture of Alex on Carol’s desk. “Sometimes I feel so angry and bitter that God took my baby.”

 “I’ve gotten angry, too. It’s just not right that children die. But I don’t blame God. He made it possible for me to have peace after Alex died. God didn’t bring death into this world.”

 “How can you say such a thing?” Jenny looked surprised. “God took your son from you. He’s dead.”

 “That’s where you’re wrong,” Carol responded, putting her hand on Jenny’s shoulder. “Alex is not dead. He’s as alive as we are at this very moment. Jesus said, ‘Whoever believes in me will live even though he dies.’ Death entered this world when the first human beings sinned against God, but death cannot rob me of my son—he’s safe with Jesus.”

 “How can you be so sure? I wish I could be as certain as you.”

 Carol smiled. “You can be certain. Before I explain, let me ask you a question. Why did Jesus die on the cross?”

 Jenny gave a puzzled look. “I don’t know. I guess some people really hated him.”

 “Yes, some people hated him, but that doesn’t explain what happened. Jesus had to die. It was part of a plan. You and I and everyone else have sinned and deserved to die. But God came up with the plan to have his Son die in our place. The plan was fulfilled, and Jesus came back from the dead. Knowing what God has done gives me peace. Jenny, do you ever blame yourself for what happened? I did, sometimes. But now, I focus on God’s forgiveness and his love. And when I think of Alex, I remind myself that he’s living with God now. And by faith in Jesus, I am looking forward to seeing my son one day!”

 

“Thanks, Carol. Forgiveness, love, alive with God—you’ve helped me see everything in a new way.”

 

Upcoming Events at St John

Worship Service:  Sunday at 8:30 AM

Adult Bible Study:  Sunday at 9:45 AM

Easter Sunday service at 8:30, breakfast at 9:30 AM

Visit our website at stjohnev.net

Call us at 651-771-6406

No comments:

Post a Comment