This 5K on Saturday, October 8 is one of two SCLA Activities Department fundraisers. It is hosted by SCLA and is a professionally timed event. Learn more and sign up at StCroixLutheran.org/5k.
Friday, September 30, 2022
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Another lengthy but joy-filled meeting was held on Tuesday, September 13 as we considered the work or gracious Lord has given us to do.
1. Our participation in Fiesta Latina was an enjoyable experience as we were able to share information about Jesus and our church with a very large number of people. Well over 100 Spanish Bibles were given away. Pastor has a sizeable number of prospect names for us to connect with.
2. An update of our by-laws is in progress. They have become quite outdated over the years as our ministry and community has changed and with the closing of our school.
3. Brandon Wales has accepted the appointment to the position of vice-president vacated by Jeff Abrahamson. We appreciate his willingness to serve and pray he will be blessed and a blessing to St. John and its ministry.
4. We now have a technology team that is working to update and improve our use of technology to enhance our ministry. This is enhancing our use of our web site, Facebook, and possible other social media. Watch for developments!
5. Removal of some of the pews in church is being planned and scheduled. This will accommodate such things as the Hmong worship band and handicap access. Persons interested in helping – especially those with stronger backs than some of the council member and trustees – should contact Mike Tholl.
6. Though we have called Pastor Otto for Hispanic outreach, he is our pastor and he desires to get to know all our members and serve their needs. (Our homebound folks have already expressed their appreciation for that.) We recognize the Lord’s delay in providing a parttime pastor as, perhaps, a way of facilitating this work, getting Pastor to be an integral part of the St. John family. (You have maybe noticed that happening quite rapidly.)
7. A monthly elders meeting has now resumed in which pastor and elder can address the spiritual needs of God’s children here at St. John.
8. The council is considering was of preserving the historical records that were gathered and displayed for our 150th anniversary by Kathy Otto.
9. See more detail on Pastor’s report and the Trustees report from Mike Tholl.
· Jeff Abrahamson, Chmn.
· Brandon Wales, vice chmn.
· Alan Salchow, secretary
· Mike Tholl, Trustees
· Jim Connolly, treasurer
· Jim Julian, Christian life
· Tom Koepsell, elder
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Thursday, September 15, 2022
The inaugural Run the Ravine 5K is Sat, Oct 8 from 10:00a-12:30p.
Monday, September 12, 2022
Grades school kids (K-8) and their families get free admission to all Mon, Sep 19 home sporting events. Free rally towels for kids!
4:00: JV Football - Stadium
4:15: C-Team Volleyball - Gym
5:15: JV Volleyball - Gym
6:30: Varsity Volleyball - Gym
7:00: Varsity Girls Soccer - Stadium
Friday, September 9, 2022
ICE CREAM SOCIAL & GAME NIGHT — Join us for an evening of games, hot dogs,
ice cream, and snacks in the lower fellowship hall at St. John on Saturday,
September 17, 5:30 pm. Bring your favorite indoor or outdoor games and your
sweet tooth! See you there! If you are interested in helping prior to the event, contact
Jim Julian (email@example.com)
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Come back to SCLA for homecoming on Friday, October 7!
Enjoy the parade featuring the band, royalty, international students, and class banners. Then join us at 5:30 at the alumni tent for a social hour with free pizza and Killebrew Root Beer! Make sure to pick up your free alumni t-shirt (or wear yours from last year) and get free admission to the football game vs. Spectrum.
RSVP for the alumni tent here to help us with numbers for food.
At the end of the 1st quarter, we will recognize all eight State football teams in SCLA history ('06, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17). Catch up with former classmates and coaches in the alumni tent before the game!
Parade 5:00 p.m.
Alumni Tent 5:30 p.m.
Football Game vs. Spectrum 7:00 p.m.