Thursday, October 27, 2022
Monday, October 24, 2022
Saturday, December 17 through Sunday, January 1.
Friday, October 21, 2022
surrounded by family, on October 17, 2022.
Marjorie was born on May 24, 1932 to Mark and Emma Lavoie at home in Burchard, MN. She grew up on the family farm outside Tyler, MN. After graduating in 1950 from
Tyler High School, she worked at the local café and then Brentwood Eggs.
In 1956 Marjorie married George E. Johnson. They settled in Oakdale, MN in 1959 and raised four children, Jorie, Evy, Vicky and Rodney.
Marjorie was a talented seamstress, making clothing for herself and family. She was a talented homemaker. She worked several part time jobs including at Montgomery Wards and Video Ventures. In the 1990’s Marjorie and George owned and managed
LaVoie’s Kaffee coffee shop in Oakdale.
Marjorie loved travel. She traveled the world with George and sometimes family, seeing Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Italy, Germany, and Hawaii just to name a few places.
She was also interested in genealogy– doing research and keeping records on the
Lavoie and Kronke families.
Marjorie was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in St. Paul
and head of the Ladies Aid for many years.
As the Johnson family grew, Marjorie loved taking care of us all,
especially babysitting her grandchildren.
Our family sends gratitude to the caregivers at Woodbury Estates and
Prelude Homes and Services.
Preceded in death by husband, George; parents, Mark and Emma; brother Donald, grandsons Adam and Joshua.
Survived by daughters, Jorie (Keith) Miller, Evy Snyder and Vicky Johnson;
son, Rodney (Megan) Johnson; 8 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; sister Gertrude.
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Monday, October 17, 2022
Friday, October 14, 2022
A special opportunity
Thursday, October 13, 2022
1. St. John / San Juan / Immanuel Hmong new digital sign is about ready for submission and should be installed in March or April.
2. Much time was spent discussing the many major repairs and projects necessary on our aging property. A crisis was avoiding when repairs were made in the boiler room.
3. New appliances have been installed in the parsonage kitchen; again, badly needed.
4. Our sermons are being livestreamed on our Facebook page for those who cannot attend worship in person.
5. Our tech committee is working on developing a new web site for St. John that will be more useful along with several other efforts with social media. They are always looking for input and ideas says, Steve Ross, committee head.
7. We will have a 6:30 Thanksgiving service on Wednesday evening at 6:30 November23 and a 4:00 pm Christmas Eve service at St. John.
8. Immanuel Hmong is featuring a Trunk or Treat on Halloween out on the athletic field,
St. John members are invited to participate. A sign-up sheet is provided for those interested.
9. To further relieve Pastor Otto so that he can focus more on Hispanic outreach, we are inquiring again about a part-time pastor to assist him. We are also seeking to have a guest preacher twice a month until and if a pastor is available.
• Jeff Abrahamson, Chmn.
• Brandon Wales, vice chmn.
• Alan Salchow, secretary
• Mike Tholl, Trustees
• Jim Connolly, treasurer
• Jim Julian, Christian life
• Tom Koepsell, elder
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Thursday, October 6, 2022
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Join us at 5:30, rain or shine, at the alumni tent for a social hour with free pizza and Killebrew Root Beer! Make sure to pick up your free alumni t-shirt (or wear yours from last year) and get free admission to the football game vs. Spectrum.
RSVP for the alumni tent here to help us with numbers for food.
At the end of the 1st quarter, we will recognize all eight State football teams in SCLA history ('06, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17). Catch up with former classmates and coaches in the alumni tent before the game!
Parade 5:00 p.m.
Alumni Tent 5:30- 7:00 p.m.
Football Game vs. Spectrum 7:00 p.m.