Thursday, February 14, 2019

Pastor Pechman letter-returns call

Dear St. John Lutheran Church:
The Lord of the Church has issued me a call to serve as the shepherd of St. John Lutheran Church in St. Paul, Minnesota. I have appreciated the opportunity to evaluate my current ministry and ministry goals. I have sat at the feet of my Savior in prayer and thought. He has provided me with the counsel of leaders and people at both churches, as well as faithful and wise brothers in the ministry. Through prayer and counsel, the Lord has led me to return my call to St. John Lutheran Church.
It seems like it will be key for the saints at St. John to develop and take ownership of a vision and direction as you move forward with self-assessment and adjustment. This will be instrumental for the shepherd the Lord has selected to lead you through the changes St. John envisions. In thinking and praying through Risen Savior’s current ministry plans, a lag in momentum and inertia at this juncture would be challenging to our Academy’s building project and the mission efforts beginning in Bluffton, South Carolina. The people of St. John and your current transition period will be part of my regular prayers. May the Lord bless your endeavors in the kingdom of God and provide you with a shepherd in his time!
God’s grace in Jesus to each of you,
Brian Pechman

No comments:

Post a Comment