Friday, July 15, 2022

Special Announcement on Tony Wimmer

 



Dear members of St. John for who Jesus lived, died, and rose again that we might live,
The following email was sent to the church council this morning by Pastor Otto:

"Good morning to all and greetings in the name of our Savior,

It is with a heavy and yet joyful heart that I write this letter. Late last night I received a phone call from Mike Tholl who gave me the shocking news that the Lord called our dear brother in Christ, Tony Wimmer to his side in heaven. Tony was working on his pool in the afternoon and then went down for his usual late afternoon nap in the afternoon in his recliner. His cousin saw him "sleeping" and thought nothing of it. When Tony's cousin came back from running an errand, he realized that Tony was gone. Tony fell asleep and woke up in paradise! Sad news for us who loved him, but no sad for Tony as he sees and hugs Jesus (and Sandy too) forever and ever! 
We receive comfort from Bible verses like these: "I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in me will even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in me will NEVER DIE." (John 11:25-26) Tony's body died, but his soul lives in heaven. What comfort we have. And so, at times like this, we go to Jesus in our sorrow as he invites us: "Come to me you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest/" (Matthew 11:28)  I really like this hymn verse: 

Raised from the dead we live anew; (Tony was raised to life in baptism)
And, justified by grace,  (Tony was justified by faith in Jesus)
We shall appear in glory, too,  
And see the Father's face.  (And there our brother is in glory)

I will have a special prayer in church. Feel free to call me anytime. "Let us encourage one another, even more as we see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)

Grace and peace be to all of you,
Pastor Otto"


The Lord gave us so much through Tony. He was a friend to all and a tireless and humble servant of Jesus.
Now he is with Jesus. The Lord gave us so much through Tony. The Lord has taken away. 
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Coming to you in Jesus' name,

Thomas G. Koepsell, Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment