Build Smart - Build on the Rock
- prayers of thanks! God continues to bring forward the volunteers needed for advance preparations as well as for leading the event. A music coordinator, another teacher and a wood-cutter have stepped forward! Thanks be to God also for this great collaboration opportunity with our brothers and sisters of Immanuel Hmong. It is such a blessing to be working together.
- please continue to pray that God would supply what is needed to his glory - especial kids (and their parents) with hearts ready for the Good News.
Who can you invite to this event? Any child going into Kindergarten through grade 6 is welcome!! Forms are in the narthex on the table to the right of the stairwell as well as on the blog.
Still appreciated would be...
- A kitchen server -- The snacks are being planned an purchased by a generous member who works during the day. We are looking for someone who could simply follow the plan on paper and serve/clean up each day.
- A flier -- Would you be willing to create a joint flier (with both St. John and Immanuel Hmong info) to be handed out to participants, encouraging them to "Build on the Rock", Jesus, and join us for services?
- 4 dozen flat suckers/lollipops
- milk for snack time
- monetary donations of any size are welcome to offset costs (Place in offering place, marked "VBS". Any funds received over the costs of the program will go into evangelism fund or the general fund.)
If you would like to commit to purchasing an item on this list, please let Tamara Julian know. She is also eager to answer any questions you have. Set up date is Monday, August 7. Event is Thursday-Saturday, August 10-12 (9 a.m. - noon.)