Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Letter from Mr. Phil Ewerdt


Dear Members of St. John Church and School Families,

Three weeks ago I received a divine call to teach at New Hope Lutheran Academy in West Melbourne, FL. I appreciate all the conversations I have had with many of you about my call at St. John, and I especially appreciate all the prayers that you have said for my family and me.

After much prayerful deliberation, I have decided to accept the call to teach at New Hope. This decision was more than difficult to make as St. John has become like a second home to us, and many of you like family. You have been a big blessing for us, we will miss you very much, and it breaks my heart to think of saying goodbye. As Paul said to the Philippians, “I thank my God every time I remember you.” How wonderful it is that we have the comfort of knowing that whatever happens in this life, and wherever God takes us, we will see each other again.

While writing this letter, hymn 327 came to mind:

“God be with you till we meet again,
By his counsels guide, uphold you,
With his sheep securely fold you -
God be with you till we meet again.
Till we meet at Jesus’ feet,
God be with you till we meet again.”

You will be in my prayers often.

With deep affection,

Mr. Phil Ewerdt

No comments:

Post a Comment